While there were no disasters or major mishaps during the first operating session of the MV&P, there were some problems that need attention. I am wishing that I had taken better notes the day of the session..
A few things that I can remember:
- Replace scale couplers with Kadee #5’s. The small scale couplers are more difficult for operators with less than perfect eye-site to uncouple. (work in progress!)
- Secure all coupler pockets, especially the push-on kind, by screwing them to the frame of the car.
- Install additional lighting over the East Staging yard (done!)
- Repair a few problem freight cars with truck and/or other coupler issues.
- Work on incline for track connecting East Staging with St. Louis.
- Replace 5-pin DIN jacks at Kansas City. (New jacks on order!)
- Add car card boxes at East Staging and University Printing. (on order!)
- Add throttle pocket at East Staging. (on order!)
- Add markers to manual turnouts on dispatcher panel (done!)
- Finish CTC panel switches on dispatcher panel
- Work on slight hump in junction track at Clayton.
- Purchase one additional LH90 throttle.
- Fill out additional waybills.
- Don’t run Sedalia jobs and Valley Park jobs at same time. (Operators get in each other’s way.)
- Add turnout panel controls at Valley Park and JR Cement.
I’ve got a bit of work to do!